Monday, November 05, 2007

Wheels a spinning...

But not getting much traction as of yet. Trying to pull in some graphics or 3D modeling gigs, but getting the whole starving artist thing to work in the online world doesn't seem to pan out as well. But yeah that's the case. So if I ever disappear for a good while - that might be it. Hell I don't know if I can even pull insurance for the upcoming period... So I might not even be able to drive to a job even if offered one. Crazy, huh? But luck might hold out and I could get an advance to cover some loose ends or perhaps they could be kind enough to let me telecommute before the 'rents get too tired of me or something...

At least schools going ok, but the wheels are also spinning and going nowhere on the Flash project I'm supposed to cook up. It's one thing to have ideas flash by, but it doesn't help when none hook up well enough to be grounded where it does something useful. I guess my mind gets too spastic sometimes.

Anyhow I saw someone posting at R'osity about their new blog and took a look for the heck of it. It's called CGcontentWatch and it's plenty amusing, since it highlights what is utterly crap-tastic in the 3D modeling world and then goes about disecting it. Great fun, and I get a laugh. (Also goes into some general CG related topics too. Which may or may not be interesting depending on who you talk to.) But there may be one thing about the creators of some of those awful examples out there, they somehow manage to get jobs... And there I am going around online "knocking on doors" (Hello?!?) while possible employers hide with the lights turned low and pretending like they're not home... WTF? Ironic, huh?

1 comment:

Vlads said...

Re (cgcontentwatch): "And on occasion, you should show a few things that are actually really good. Either bargain priced or free with quality that makes the crap stuff that much more laughable."

Hi Pauljs, would you be interested to write 'good things' reviews to cgcontentwatch?